At Dark Horse Tattoo Parlor, we care about your happiness with the appearance of your healed tattoo. That being said, aftercare is the final and most important step in the tattoo process.
- Leave bandagge on for one (1) hour.
- Carefully remove bandage and wash tattoo with an unscented liquid soap, such as Dial Gold, using only your fingertips, then pat dry.
- Apply a think layer of A&D ointment or Aquaphor three (3) times a day for three (3) days.
- After the 3rd day, use fragrance free lotion, such as Curel or Jergen's, as often as possible for the remainder of one (1) week.
- Do not pick, scratch, or shave a healing tattoo. Do not tan in a tanning bed or in direct sunlight. Do not submerge tattoo in water for extended periods of time until your tattoo is completely healed.
- A tattoo is only as good as the skin it's on. Take care of yourself, take care of your skin, and you will be taking care of your tattoo.
- If you have any questions, do ot hesitate to give us a call at 260-387-5886. Anyone that answeres the phone is qualified to answer any and all questions you may have.
If you believe that your tattoo is infected, call a physician immediately.